So, today I turn twenty-two and I wanted to celebrate a little on my blog.
I remember times when I was fifteen, looking at the world and literally telling myself I had it all figured out. Seriously. I thought there was nothing else I could learn about living, but then I turned sixteen and said…oh crap.
Now that I’m twenty-two, I definitely know all there is to know. For sure. So, since I’ve been granted with all this wisdom, I think I need to share it with my readers.
Okay…I’m just kidding, but I still would love to share what I’ve learned. Why? Because what fun is knowing stuff if you don’t give a little of it away to others. Sharing is caring, y’all.
- If you want friends, you have to be a friend.
- Apologize to people when you mess up. Self explanatory? Yes. Easy? No.
- Don’t expect people to forgive you when you apologize, they don’t owe you anything.
- You are not your past.
- If you want to become smarter, read.
- If you want to become really smart, read the Bible.
- Unless you’re God, you need confession. Humble yourself enough to go.
- Don’t expect to know what you’re going to do with your life at 21 years old. You probably won’t.
- Things will happen to you that you never could’ve dreamed in your wildest dreams. Some good, some bad.
- When things go bad, nothing is more important than good friends that stick by you. Cherish them.
- It’s okay to be cheesy and love, love.
- Friendships can come from anywhere.
- Sometimes, what the media tells you is lies. Be smart enough to know when you’re reading or hearing one.
- Pray every single day of your life.
- You can get past anything with God by your side.
- Don’t get mad at someone for something you expected them to do, but never actually asked them to do. No one can read minds.
- It’s okay to strive for perfection, but don’t strive to be better than anyone else. Humility is important.
- Traveling doesn’t have to mean to another country. There’s so much to see around where you live, too.
- Tell people you love them and appreciate them. You never know when you won’t be able to anymore.
- Stop biting your nails. Just stop.
- It’s okay to be bored.
- Work hard for what you have and harder still for what you want.
I love doing these “What I Learned” posts, and I’ve recently done one about blogging! CLICK HERE TO READ! What have YOU learned in life? Comment below or share a “life lesson” post you’ve written below.